Agreement on Use of RICOH Network Print
This Agreement on Use of RICOH Network Print (hereinafter referred to as “this Agreement”) stipulates the conditions to be applied at the time when the User uses the service (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”) of printing the files registered thereby on the Website for Printing Reservations defined in Article 1 hereof with the multi-use copy machines (hereinafter referred to as the “Machines”) produced by Ricoh Company Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “RICOH”) and installed in the stores of the business entities (including their franchise and chain stores) which have business tie-ups with RICOH. The User is requested to read through this Agreement and agree hereto before using the Service.
Article 1. Definitions
In this Agreement, the following terms have the meanings defined as follows:
(1) “Stores” mean the stores installing the Machines and supplying the printing service for the Service among the stores of the business entities (including their franchise and chain stores) which have business tie-ups with RICOH.
(2) “Information on User” means the User’s (i) email address and (ii) password.
(3) “Registration of User” means the User’s registration of the Information on User on the Website for Printing Reservations of RICOH.
(4) “Printing Reservations” mean the User’s registration of the files desired thereby to be printed on the Website for Printing Reservations of RICOH.
(5) “Website for Printing Reservations” means the website operated by RICOH for the User to make the Registration of User and the Printing Reservations.
(6) “Address for Printing Reservations” means the email address specified by RICOH for the User to make the Printing Reservations.
(7) “Application for Smart Devices” means the application for iOS/Android for the User to make the Printing Reservations.
(8) “Release Code” means the number given to the file registered by the User.
Use of Service
Article 2. Method of Use of Service
The User may use the Service by the method set forth in this article after making the Registration of User on the Website for Printing Reservations. The User may make the Registration of User free of charge, and the detailed specifications, conditions for use, etc. of the Service shall be as announced by RICOH separately.
(1) The User shall register the file desired thereby to be printed on the Website for Printing Reservations. When the User registers such file on such website, the Release Code will be given thereto. RICOH will notify the User of such code by email. The User can check such code on the website or with the Application for Smart Devices.
(2) The User shall send the file desired thereby to be printed to the Address for Printing Reservations by attaching such file to an email. When the User sends such file to such address, RICOH will give the Release Code to such file so registered. RICOH will notify the User of such code by email.
(3) The User can print image data by inputting the Release Code into the Machine within seventy-two (72) hours after correctly registering the file on the Website for Printing Reservations.
Article 3. Usage Fee
When the User prints the file with the Machine by using the Release Code, he or she shall pay the fee prescribed by RICOH or an entity installing such Machine.
Article 4. Prohibition
4.1 In using the Service, the User shall not commit an act which falls under any one of the following items or is judged by RICOH to do so:
(1) Registering a file on the Website for Printing Reservations of RICOH by any method other than that set forth in Article 2 hereof;
(2) Notifying RICOH of any false matter in making the Registration of User;
(3) Causing a hindrance to any work of RICOH by making an excessively lengthy inquiry thereto or repeatedly making similar inquires thereto without any justifiable reason;
(4) Committing fraud or intimidation against RICOH;
(5) Infringing intellectual property rights such as copyrights and trademark rights, portrait rights, trade secrets or the privacy of others or injuring the credit or reputation thereof by using the Service;
(6) Violating public order and standards of decency;
(7) Trying to use the Service by pretending to be any third party or dishonestly access any device of RICOH;
(8) Trying to decipher the security technology used for the Service or make an analysis, alteration or the like of the software relating to the Service;
(9) Imposing an excessive load on the Website for Printing Reservations of RICOH;
(10) Violating any law or ordinance;
(11) Breaching any provision hereof;
(12) Committing any other acts judged by RICOH to be inappropriate.
4.2 If the User commits an act falling under any one of the items in the preceding sub-article, RICOH may cause the User to stop using the Service.
Suspension, Alteration and Termination of Service
Article 5. Suspension Etc. of Service
5.1 If a situation falling under any one of the following items arises, RICOH may suspend the supply of the whole or part of the Service without giving any notice to the User in advance:
(1) RICOH performs any maintenance or work for any facility required for the supply of the Service;
(2) Any telecommunication service provider or the like with which RICOH has a business tie-up for the operation of the Service suspends or stops the supply of the telecommunication service or the like.
5.2 If RICOH suspends the supply of the Service in accordance with the provision set forth in the preceding sub-article, it will not accept any liability for damage sustained by the User due to such suspension.
Article 6. Alteration and Termination of Service
6.1 RICOH may alter any detail of the Service or terminate the supply thereof without obtaining the approval of the User.
6.2 If RICOH terminates the supply of the Service in accordance with the provision set forth in the preceding sub-article, it shall post the announcement of the termination thereof on the Website for Printing Reservations in advance.
6.3 If RICOH alters any detail of the Service or terminates the supply thereof in accordance with the provision set forth in this article, it will not accept any liability for damage sustained by the User due to such alteration or termination.
Article 7. Responsibilities of User
7.1 The User shall agree to comply with this Agreement.
7.2 RICOH will not be privy to the content of any file registered on the Website for Printing Reservations or sent thereto by email for the Service, and the User shall be solely responsible for such content.
7.3 The User shall be responsible for controlling the Release Code given thereto and the password fixed thereby appropriately. Even if any third party obtains the Release Code given to the User and prints the file, RICOH will not accept any responsibility for such incident.
7.4 In using the Service, the User shall take all appropriate measures such as making backups in order to prevent loss of any data etc. occurring thereby in any unexpected incident.
7.5 Even if any data etc. stored by the User on the Website for Printing Reservations of RICOH at the time of his or her use of the Service are lost, destroyed or leaked, RICOH will not accept any responsibility for damage sustained by the User as a direct or indirect result of such incident.
Article 8. Responsibility of RICOH
If RICOH is obliged to accept responsibility for compensation for damage due to any reason, it shall accept such responsibility only for the normal and direct damage sustained by the User because of any willful misconduct or gross negligence committed by RICOH, and the amount of such compensation shall not exceed ten thousand (10,000) Japanese yen.
Article 9. Confidentiality
The User shall not leak any trade secret of RICOH learned by the User in using the Service to any third party.
Article 10. Handling of Information on User
10.1 RICOH shall use and control the Information on User in accordance with the provisions set forth in the “Basic Policy for Personal Information Protection” laid down by RICOH.
10.2 RICOH may use and control the Information on User furnished by the User only for the purpose of supplying the Service thereto by RICOH.
Article 11. Nonexistence of Relations with Antisocial Force
11.1 The User shall guarantee that it is not a gangster organization, member thereof or other antisocial force (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Antisocial Force”) and that no Antisocial Force has any influence or control over the User. In addition, the User shall pledge that the supply of the Service will not and cannot constitute support of activities of any Antisocial Force.
11.2 The User shall not make use of any Antisocial Force or have any relationship therewith by providing it with any fund, facility, investment or the like.
Article 12. Entrustment to Third Party
RICOH may entrust the whole or part of the work for supplying the Service to any business entity which has a business tie-up with RICOH. In such case, the User shall accept that such business entity may exercise any right of RICOH hereunder or fulfill any obligation thereof hereunder on behalf thereof.
Article 13. Amendment to Agreement
13.1 RICOH may amend this Agreement at any time, and this Agreement so amended shall be applied as from the date of such amendment.
13.2 When RICOH amends this Agreement, this Agreement so amended shall be posted on the Website for Printing Reservations. The User shall be deemed to agree to the latest version hereof when using the Service.
Article 14. Severability
Even if any provision of this Agreement or part of such provision is judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable pursuant to any law, ordinance or the like, the validity of the other provisions hereof or part thereof other than that judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable shall not be affected in any way by such judgment.
Article 15. Governing Laws and Agreed Exclusive Jurisdiction
15.1 RICOH and the User hereby agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
15.2 RICOH and the User hereby agree that any lawsuit to be filed in connection with this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in the Tokyo District Court of Japan as the agreed exclusive competent court of the first instance.